Monday 11 April 2016

My Journey of Hope: Day 6 of 28 - Back to Common Drudgery

Day 6 was kind of a bust, with a few bright spots.

I didn't tackle a specific de-cluttering job, but I found myself doing small amounts of de-cluttering as I went through each room, nonetheless. So, no real progress to show for my efforts, but a cumulative improvement overall. I did, however, make up a list of spaces in the house that I'd like to de-clutter, even sorting them into small, medium, and large jobs. I think I've got at least 20 things on it (and there's probably at least 20 more I haven't even thought of yet!), so I have a good idea of what to do for the rest of my 28 day focus. I did wash some hand dishes, so while it's technically a daily task and not de-cluttering per se, it did serve to clear my kitchen counter some.

Church was good; our friend A was preaching, which is always a positive experience, and his two most recent sermons have been convicting and made me really stop and think about who I am, not just to God, but to me, and how my words and actions appear to those around me. Striving to be better every day.



Tertius and Quarta were invited to a birthday party, which was a lot of fun. It was even more enjoyable for me, because it was thrown by a dear, sweet friend of mine, and her daughter is just a ray of sunshine. The weather was perfect - sunny and warm, with a slight breeze, and the setting was delightful, being held in the garden of my friend's childhood home. Flowers, a meandering path through the garden, and a network of ponds were such a serene place to spend an afternoon.

Such happy little tulips

I dare you to look at these flowers and not feel a smile spread across your face
During the party, I had to duck out and pick up Primus, who was returning from a two day music camp. A quick trip over to BioDad's father's place for a visit, collecting up the younger two from the party, and we were all home shortly after 3.

Hubby had been feeling poorly at church, and had requested homemade chicken soup, so I whipped some up for dinner, and he took care of the biscuits. Secunda had two full bowls of the stuff, which was unexpected, and Tertius drank the broth and ate the chicken, leaving all the veggies and rice in his bowl, which was expected. I really wish that child would be more open to trying different foods, but he is more stubborn than any other two of my kids put together! To her credit, Quarta ate all but the onion and rice (she's not terribly fond of either). And then I was exhausted. as in, falling asleep on the couch by 9 exhausted. I managed to stay awake until 10, but then had to head to bed. I hope I'm not fighting something off, but if I am, sleep is the best thing for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...