Thursday 7 April 2016

My Journey of Hope: Day 3 of 28 - Before and After

I knew when I got up this morning that my afternoon was going to be Very Busy Indeed. So, being the lazy housekeeper I am, I decided to procrastinate a bit *looks sheepish*

A bit of surfing the Book of Faces, putting the finishing touches on this morning's blog post, making some delectable scrambled eggs and toast - and then I got a text from my friend J, asking how I'm doing today. I have to say, her timing was impeccable, because that little nudge of accountability was just what I needed. Knowing that she was doing cleaning of her own helped a lot, too. No more excuses!

Today, I decided to defeat the clutter that lives on the kitchen counter, between the fridge and the microwave. This morning, it looked a little like this:






During my de-cluttering, I found a piece of artwork that Tertius had made in the fall, so I photographed it before recycling it.



 We are putting a new policy in place for school artwork. The kids are welcome to decorate their doors with it, then it gets photographed, and put into the recycling on the next garbage pick-up day. If it's a particularly good or significant piece, I will happily scrapbook it. But we are not having a mountain of school papers filling up our living spaces anymore.

And 37 minutes, four bleach wipes and a full box of recycling later, it looked like this:



I'm pretty happy about hos it looks, and we were able to not only relocate several items, but also to put a few in the thrift store box!

How did you restore calm in your house today?

2 comments:

  1. It's Colleen not Ken. Way to go. Hopefully the fam will help you keep t that way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! It's staying clean so far; Hubby says that he thinks twice about leaving stuff there now, as he doesn't want to undo my hard work :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...