Tuesday 12 April 2016

My Journey of Hope: Lazy Vision

No, that's not a typo.

I bet the first thing that popped into your head was something like this:

Image from Young Justice
But you'd be wrong. So, so wrong.
I'm talking about LAZY vision. It's my own super power. It gives me the ability to actually see PAST all the clutter that litters my home, chokes the previously passable areas, and prevents me from feeling calm and at peace.

My Lazy Vision is very strong, and I have been able to blithely walk past clutter, dishes and various other messes for YEARS. I think it's a combination of not wanting to deal with it at that particular moment and hoping someone else will clean it up, but it has developed into an actual inability to see the clutter that visitors to our home must see.

I've been doing some serious re-training to be able to walk in the door and see our house from the perspective of a person who's never been here before, and let me tell you, this place is full of clutter. Full.

That's one of the reasons why I'm doing all this. I don't feel that the clutter is an accurate reflection of  who we are as a family; certainly, it reflects the sheer number of hobbies we have, but we're more than just that. I want our home to be a welcoming, nurturing place, and in order to become that, I need to change my perspective. The rose-coloured glasses have come off, and I am looking at our home in the harsh light of reality. It's not a pretty picture, but it's getting better every day.

This is one super power I'll be glad to be rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...