Wednesday 6 April 2016

My Journey of Hope: Day 2 of 28 - Before and After

Here I am at 9:35 pm, and I haven't done any de-cluttering yet. I have been run off my feet all day, playing chauffeur to my family, then my parents, then my kids, then Hubby, then kids again, and finally Hubby. This is my first real opportunity to catch my breath. Being a one-car family really does have its disadvantages sometimes!

Hubby is about to sit down and screen a documentary for use in school tomorrow, and I found my target for the day: The end table in the living room. From a glance, I can see a basket of sewing notions, a pack of 100 pencil crayons (that go with my lovely adult colouring book), an empty can, an empty disposable cup, Hubby's polyhedral dice bag,  and other such miscellaneous items that have no business being in my living room.



Here's the before picture:


While de-cluttering, I found our family portrait album that we did in 2014. I love these photos, and took a moment to enjoy them again.




And here's the after picture:



I have to say, even though it's a small job, it does make a difference, and I'm glad I took the few minutes to deal with it. I'll post about Day 1 in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...