Sunday 13 July 2014

Reflections on a Marriage

A day late, but that's because we were busy :)

My beloved and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary yesterday, and our 7th anniversary together. I sit here, trying to encapsulate my feelings into some pithy remark about the day, and find that words utterly fail me. This incredible man that has chosen to spend his life with me, to raise a family with me, to love, honour and cherish me, to challenge me, to lift me up and to bring me back down to earth when I need it - how can I distill all of what he means to me into a sentence or two? Well, the easy answer is that I can't.

I met Hubby when I was just coming out of the lowest point in my adult life. A failed marriage under my belt, followed by a failed relationship with someone who was very much wrong for me. I had two small kids, had just left a crap job and just started another one. I lived with my parents. I felt disconnected from most of my friends, disconnected from my family, and disconnected from God.

And literally, in the space of one day, I went from resigning myself to life without love or passion, to getting everything I ever dreamed of.

My life since that day has not always been smooth; we've still had our share of bumps in the road. but it has been made easier to bear knowing that I will not be on this path alone. Because of Hubby, I have renewed faith. Because of him I have a loving father that is present both physically and emotionally for our children. Because of him, I have passion in my life. Because of him, I am able to be at home with our youngest two, preparing them for life. Because of him, I feel loved every day.

Thank you, my love, for everything.
Christmas decorating with Hubby and the hobbitses

2 comments:

  1. That's marvelous. Happy Anniversary (sorry I missed it yesterday). You and Hubby are two of my favourite people and I am enormously glad that you found each other because of how happy you are together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! We firmly believe that we found each other thanks to God's grace.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...