Wednesday 2 July 2014

10 Day Writing Challenge: Day 2

Day 2: Nine Things About Yourself

1) I am left-handed, but consider myself mostly ambidextrous. I pretty much only use my left hand for using a fork and general writing.

2) I'm smarter than most people think I am.

3) I feel enormous self-doubt most days.

4) I worry every month when I go off the Pill for the week that I might be pregnant.

5) Eight years ago, doctors removed a softball-sized lump of hardened fat (panniculitis) from my right butt cheek, but my butt never got any less fat. I feel a little cheated about that. Frankenbutt, indeed.

6) People in the SCA seem to think that I can do calligraphy, and ask me to do on-site scribal duties. I can't do that. I've taught myself how to copy exemplars, and do so competently but laboriously at home when I have enough time. But I'm a left-handed scribe who has learned how to do calligraphy right-handed, and I just don't do enough of it to be any good at it.

7) There are days that I could drop being in the SCA entirely and not miss it. But I know how unhappy that would make Hubby, so I don't. Money has been tight, a lot, of late, and I know that not eventing would save us a decent amount of money. But I also have to balance the benefits of seeing my friends and engaging in something that interests me with  cost savings. Be frugal, yes. But also have a life.

8) I've finally learned how to take a compliment from my husband.

9) Writing this post took me two weeks, because I didn't think there would be 9 things interesting enough to share here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...