Saturday 13 July 2013

Scary Movie

We were spending a lazy Saturday at home and discovered that we were more flush than we thought. Hubby had the idea to go catch Monsters University, so we approached Tertius and Quarta with the notion. You'd have thought we suggested an exciting trip to visit the Spanish Inquisition, complete with torture sessions! Tertius was convinced that it was going to be scary and loud, so we sat them down to watch the trailers, but he remained unconvinced. Of course, this set off Quarta and she jumped on the bandwagon, insisting that it was too scary. I was at the point of just forgetting the whole adventure, but Hubby insisted, and I'm so glad he did; after a tense few minutes where Quarta just HAD to sit on my lap (thank goodness the theatre is air-conditioned) and Tertius clung to Hubby like a baby orangutan, they both relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed the movie. By the end credits, Tertius was dancing to the music and hopping up and down with delight.

Have any of you experienced this phenomenon where something that should really appeal to your young child fills them with fear instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...