Saturday 6 July 2013

Lazy Days of Summer?

I'm married to an educator, so come summer vacation, we're *all* at home. I love having that time together. I see it as a great opportunity for family bonding. I also see summer as the time that we can actually get some stuff done around the house, such as going through our stuff, and taking some of it to the thrift store or dump, finally installing the A/C units, putting up the screen over the front porch door, etc.

Now, I accept that for the first full week, I'm not going to get any meaningful work out of Hubby, nor should I expect to. He works hard all through the school year and he's earned his R&R time. I'm totally cool with that.

But I'm itching to get stuff DONE around here! We moved in three months ago, but we're still dealing with boxes and bins, the back storage isn't set up, nor is Hubby's work bench in the garage, nor is Primus' loft bed. There are a lot of things I can (and do) do myself. But there are a couple of larger projects that really need to get done that require Hubby's participation.

I've decided that the best way to get things done is to make a list. A big one. And for those who know me, you know how much I enjoy making lists :) So, I'm going to build a "Master List" of everything that needs doing around here, then I'll break that up into a "What We Can Reasonably Get Done" list, along with the "How Little I Can Tolerate Getting Done" list. I have a feelign that we'll see progress somewhere between the last two lists.

Hey, I'm a realist.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...