Tuesday 22 April 2014

The Power of One - Eating Regularly

So, here's my update so far:

I decided that the best and smartest thing I could do was to set my body up to work at peak efficiency. To that end, I need to treat myself as if I'm already diabetic. In order to optimize my blood sugar, I need to eat every three to four hours. So that's what I'm focusing on this month.

It's not just eating five times a day, though; what I eat is just as important. And so, I'm also trying to introduce more protein to my diet. I ensure that I get that first thing in the morning, either via yogurt, cheese or eggs. Protein at least twice a day, reduce my white bread intake to virtually nil (replaced it with sprouted grain bread from Silver Hills (http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/)  and increase my water intake to at least two litres per day. Those are my add and take away items for the next few weeks, and then it's time to add more into the mix. I'll keep you posted!

What one thing would you add or take away from your lifestyle to improve your overall health?

Next from Busy Little Bee: Seattle Adventures!

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...