Wednesday 26 June 2013

Welcome To My World!

Greetings, friends!

After some careful thought, some soul-searching and by finally giving into my desire to share something of myself, I have once again taken a leap off the precipice into the world of blogging.

This is going to be, in turns, somewhat 'stream of consciousness', photo journal, confessional, project tracker, bullhorn, soapbox and proud mother billboard. I make no apologies for how jumbled this is all going to look; it will probably closely resemble the way my brain is organised! Also, beware - I use Canadian/British spelling - if it looks odd to you, that's because it's spelled correctly ;)

And so, to begin, a little about the Busy Little Bee. I've chosen this name for a few reasons. My name means 'honeybee', I have chosen the bee as my personal emblem because of its mediaeval symbolism (that being well-governed industry and female potency - describing me aptly), and so many people in my life remark on a regular basis that they don't know how I get so much done in a day. Well, busy people are productive people! I am a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, follower of Christ, defender of the underdog, believer in marriage equality, a parent who believes in experiential learning and natural consequences, that nobody died from getting a smack on their bum as a child, that who we choose to love is nobody's business but our own, that we are the best governors of our own bodies, that we learn best from our mistakes - and that we should not fear to make them.

I am opinionated, but try to be respectful in expressing it. I have lived long enough in the pursuit of other people's acceptance that I no longer desire that; rather, I seek to become a better me, someone that I would want to be friends with, and if other people like me, then that's gravy. I am happily married to my soul mate. Yes, I believe there is one person out there uniquely suited for each of us, and I was lucky enough to find mine. I have four incredible, beautiful children who delight me, vex me, frustrate me beyond words, and will be fodder for many, MANY blog entries in the future. I have the great privilege to be able to stay at home to raise these wonderful little humans (most likely referred to hereafter as 'the hobbitses'), although I am also looking forward to the day when diapers are a memory and the littlest hobbit is in school :)

I am also a businesswoman. I run a home-based business whose company philosophy is in keeping with my own beliefs. I may blog about that here, or not. I maintain a business blog for that purpose as well.

I've wanted to write for some time, but have been at loose ends as to *what*. I do not have a novel in me; there will be no frantic NaNoWriMo scribblings from me. But I also feel that my voice, my story, and my experiences have merit and may be interesting to someone out there, and so, I take to this digital medium (I can hear my brother crying a little as he writes his novel out long-hand) and for lack of a better term, hang out my shingle.

Thank you for reading this far, please pull up a chair, subscribe to my blog, give me feedback and enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...