Wednesday 26 June 2013

One Day More

To quote those beautiful lyrics from Les Miserables,

"One more dawn
One more day
One day more!"

Today sees me gathering snacks and other attention-holding things for the two littlest hobbitses, so that I can peacefully attend Hobbit Secundus' year-end assembly this afternoon. I know that they're singing "On Top of Spaghetti", plus a filk* of "Old MacDonald". I've also heard it referred to as an awards assembly, so who knows what's in store!

Tomorrow morning, our last of this school year, I'll be repeating the process in order to attend the intermediate awards assembly for Hobbit Primus. Now for this one, his teacher called to ensure I'd be there, so I know he's getting recognised for something. I expect it will be academic honours of some kind, as he had A Honours last year. But he's also been very active in student leadership, so I guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out!

And then, for one blessed, beautiful day, I can sleep in as long as I like. Wait - you thought I was serious? You're so cute! No, I won't be able to sleep in just yet, because my beloved still has to go to school on Friday morning, so the alarm will jar me from my rest on my first day of summer vacation. Then we're helping a friend move on Saturday morning. And then there's church on Sunday. I know, first world problems...


* A filk is taking an existing song and setting new lyrics to it, much like 'Weird Al'. According to my husband the bard, this was done in the mediaeval period as well. Hubby and I also write filks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...