Sunday 8 June 2014

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things

Greetings, friends.

This past week and a half has been a blur of dealing with Hubby's work situation. With a full strike vote looming tomorrow, we are more unsure than ever how we will make ends meet in the face of the government hold-back of 10% of his wages, ostensibly for unwillingness to perform 100% of their job (yet they are still working Every. Single. Minute. that they are permitted to be at the school, but that is another post entirely). So, I've spent the last couple of days figuring out how I can generate income for our family. I have a home-based business, so there's always that, but I'm also a crafter/artisan, so I have hung out my shingle and am now working on three commissions for weaving and embroidery, as well as creating embroidered pieces that I feel might sell to my desired niche market. If I can maintain momentum with that, I can make a meaningful contribution to the household finances throughout the year. But it's time to give the embroidery a rest for a few minutes, and introduce a writing exercise that I hope will get me back into the habit of writing. So, with thanks to my friend Lisa, here it is:

The 10 Day Writing Challenge


Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn offs.
Day Eight: Three turn ons.
Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now (I will be substituting two emotions for the smileys, as I feel that emoticons are woefully inadequate for conveying mood).
Day Ten: One confession.


There you have it. If I get time, I'll start tonight. I make no promises that I will write every day. C'mon, I've got four kids here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...