Tuesday 10 June 2014

10 Day Writing Challenge: Day One


Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.


1: It is precisely because of children like yours that my husband is fighting so hard for better conditions in the school. Open your eyes and see, and for the love of all that is good, stop vilifying the people who are trying to help you.

2: You can get through this. You have already shown everyone your strength and resilience; you amaze me with your ability to carry on in the face of such challenges.

3: You are my hero.

4: I know you're angry and full of hate right now. But shutting it all inside isn't going to help you. Talk to someone - anyone - about how you're feeling. I wish there was more I could do to help you, because seeing you hurting like this breaks my heart.

5: I've come to realise that how we each viewed our friendship was very different, indeed. I guess that's why it got so broken when your assumptions about me were proven to be not altogether what you believed. I still want there to be healing, but I know it will never be what it was, and that makes me profoundly sad.

6: At some point, you will have to make a decision about this situation, and actually stick with it. Stop waffling, because you are damaging everyone involved.

7: You don't have to blindly parrot what your partner says. You are clearly the more intelligent of the two of you, and to see you subjugate your own views in order to give the appearance of support makes me very sad for you. I'd much rather hear what YOU think and feel.

8: Stop spending so much time reading what the "experts" say, and start trusting your own instincts. You're doing fine.

9: I miss what our friendship was like. But I know what happened has forever changed that. I wish it hadn't happened, because I think the cost was too great.

10: You are smarter, more beautiful and more talented than you believe you are. Stop being afraid of your own greatness. Embrace it, and use it to improve the lives of those around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...