Thursday 12 May 2016

My Journey of Hope: Decluttering - It's the Little Things That Count

After dropping Hubby and the hobbitses off at their respective schools, I came home to make breakfast, grab an iced coffee, and head out to run errands. And while in the kitchen, I decided to take of my Lazy Vision™ goggles, and really look at my kitchen.

And when I looked at the point of entry, this is what I saw:





That can't be right...

Yep, definitely not right.


Yes, that is last year's calendar.

Why was it still hanging on my wall? Other than sheer laziness? Well, let's look closer...

Papers, papers, and more papers - and some messy cats.
See, what I'm holding up with my fingers are important tax papers that need to be filed from the 2014 taxation year. Also, Primus and Secunda's paper route payment schedule, paid bills from the last year or so, and a free studio session card for the paint-your-own ceramics place here in town. I couldn't possibly find the time to go through that MOUNTAIN of papers, so it sat there. For five months.

Honestly, it took about three minutes flat to go through everything, and another two minutes to wipe down the wall. And this is what the entry to my kitchen looks like now:
Not bad for five minutes' work!

It's a little thing. But it makes a big difference to how my kitchen looks, and to how I perceive my kitchen. Every day, a little less cluttered!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...