Tuesday 6 May 2014

The Power of One - New Month, New Habits

Greetings, friends!

It is now May, and as such, it is time to explore what new good habits I will engage in, as well as what bad ones I will drop.

So far, I've been doing pretty well with eating five times a day, drinking more water, and removing white bread from my diet (I've had one "white bread" sandwich in the last month, and one that was whole grain white). I'm finding that I really don't miss white bread, even for my PB&J. So now, it's time to add a new habit.

May's good habit is brushing my teeth first thing in the morning. Let's be clear - I brush my teeth, at least twice a day. But I will often wait until I've eaten breakfast to do it in the morning. It's all part and parcel of my mild (self-diagnosed) OCD; why brush your teeth if you're just going t get them dirty right away? So while this one isn't necessarily a health habit, it is a wellness one. By brushing my teeth when I first get up, I am making sure that Hubby's first kiss of the morning is as nice as it can be. I mean, who enjoys morning breath, amiright?

The habit I'm dropping is cutting out snacking after 10 PM. Hubby and I are in a terrible habit of late-night snacking, mostly carb-based (crackers and Boursin cheese, anyone?), and definitely not good for me. So, from today, I will stop eating by 10 PM each night.

I'll be checking in with updates throughout the month :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...