Sunday 29 December 2013

Christmas Retrospective

I'm sitting here in my fuzzy jammies, watching the last few minutes of Despicable Me 2 as my kids mill around and I ponder eating breakfast at 12:30 in the afternoon.

This year, I was dreading Christmas. I was estranged from my father, and we had no plans to see or contact them, other than dropping gifts on their doorstep (yes, I was planning to take gifts over - we were on the outs, but that doesn't mean I don't love them). We knew we'd have a family Christmas on Boxing Day with Hubby's parents, so there was that, but I was still not enjoying the preparations, delayed decorating, and generally felt like a humbug.

Then my dad called and changed everything.

Turns out that he'd been as affected by it as I had and when we finally got to talking about it, information came to light that showed the estrangement was the result of not getting complete information. Wow, I felt like a dolt. So, there's been some eating of crow, some hugs, some "I love yous" and a Christmas that included *all* of my family.

And that's a very good thing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...