Wednesday 24 September 2014

Blogging In A Public Venue

As if blogging itself weren't putting your thoughts out there for public consumption, I've been accepted as a contributing blogger for Huffington Post. I'm posting there under my real name, so I won't be putting a link here. I like this site to remain somewhat anonymous, as I talk about deeply personal things here, and I would like to preserve some measure of privacy for me, Hubby, and the Hobbitses.

The teachers' strike really stirred up the activist in me, though, and I felt like I had a lot to say on the matter. HuffPost put out a call for parent voices, so I started writing, unsure of whether I'd have the courage to submit it. I was profoundly inspired by so many people during that time, not the least of which were two other HuffPost contributors, L.F. and C.G.; their words motivated me to submit my first entry, on the off-chance that they felt that this parent's voice was worth sharing with a wider audience.

It has been tremendously gratifying to know that the editor does feel that I have something to share with the world, and it spurs me to write more. I find that I am really liking the process, and feel like it is truly honing my skills as a communicator.

I'll still post here, and share a bit of my life with you all, but if you know me in real life, please look for me on HuffPost, too.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...