Tuesday 5 November 2013

A Real Pain In The Neck

Since the beginning of October, I've been dealing with increasingly painful sensations in my TMJ and left ear. Now, I *did* have a raging ear infection, which hit peak pain levels around October 14/15, but even after that was cleared up, I was still having significant pain. I went back to the doctor, who told me it was my old TMJ injury flaring up again, and to go see a dentist. I know from experience that this injury is exacerbated by stress, and I am going through what I can safely say is the most stress I've experienced since a very difficult break-up 6 years ago, so this should not come as a surprise to me. But I know that a trip to the dentist will entail an exam and x-rays, which aren't cheap. So I opted for my chiropractor instead. Turns out in addition to the teeth clenching problem, my neck was horrendously out of place, which was also making the jaw worse. So, $55 and about a dozen cracks later, my neck was feeling much better, as was my jaw. They wanted me to come back on Monday, but with them not accepting extended medical plans there (I'd have to submit receipts and wait for reimbursement, rather than everywhere else, who just has us pay our portion), I can't afford them. And so, my American friends, even with universal health care, there are still things that can be improved upon.

Mainly, I need to reduce or remove the stressors. I'm working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...