Thursday 30 July 2020

New Skills Emerging

For some years now, Hubby and I have been talking about writing a children's book series. Well, last week, I wrote the first one. It was an assignment for school, and I figured, since we had to write a story anyway, maybe I could get the series underway.

The main character is named after a beloved friend, and the idea was to write about her experiencing some of the more difficult things that children might face, to teach kids how to navigate those turbulent waters.

The first book in the series is titled "Amanda Panda and the Sad Day". It is about Amanda Panda's best friend losing her dog to a car accident, and how Amanda Panda learns about sympathy, empathy, and how to be a good friend to someone who is grieving. For some reason, this book poured out of me; it felt like it wrote itself. I suppose that's the way all of my best writing has come about.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this. I'm proud of how it turned out, and my instructor printed, laminated, and bound it into a book, so if you ever want to read it, let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...