Sunday 31 July 2016

My Journey Of Hope: Bathroom Drawer Disaster - Before and After!

Being a busy bee means that sometimes, those little tasks that need doing get pushed by the wayside. And sometimes, those little tasks become big, messy, nasty monsters that roar at you every time you open the drawer. Well, this was one of those times.

I had joyfully organized Tertius and Quarta's bathroom drawer, with the full intention of doing the same for Hubby and I. And then summer came. And I picked up more work. And there were outings, and visits, and time with friends and family. And it didn't get done.

Here's how it looked:
Are you sure there's a toothbrush in there?


Whilst shopping this afternoon, I said to Hubby, "I'm going to pick this office drawer organizer up for the bathroom. He looked skeptically at me, likely because I hadn't pre-measured the drawer, and because it was an office supply. But I was confident that it would fit. And it really was high time that our drawer started looking as nice as Tertius and Quarta's.

Hubby set to work making dinner (from-scratch Beef Stroganoff), and I started emptying out the drawer. I pulled out the skid-proof liner, as it looked like it had seen better days. After three years in there, it was ready to be retired! I wiped out the drawer, tapping any residual dust out off of the back deck. The new organizer fit like a dream, with just enough room to tuck my flat iron in front of it!

And now it is a little piece of calm in our bathroom. Any time the counter seems too chaotic, I can always open my drawer, smile and take a deep, calming breath.

Here's how it looks now:


A little job at a time can accomplish mighty things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...