Tuesday 19 August 2014

10 Day Writing Challenge - Day 8

This month has truly been a blur. I've been working my tail off preparing for our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School) this last week. As a result of this, my blog fell into disrepair, which I aim to remedy now. 

VBS involved a lot of painting on cardboard and styrofoam, a lot of thinking outside the box, a lot of creative ideas for how turn our Sunday School classrooms into different habitats for the Weird Animals we introduced (I got the underwater room, which I felt was the most thought-out and the coolest, though not in temperature, as the windows couldn't be opened), and admittedly, a lot of time perusing Pinterest for inspiration. It took a lot of hours on a lot of days, and the week leading up to it was close to 8 hour work days. The camp itself was a blast, but I found myself mentally exhausted afterwards. I needed a few days to recover. We broke it all down this morning, and two months' work was dismantled and re-located to storage and the recycling bin in a matter of two hours.

Now that I've had a rest, slept in on at least one day, and spent some time recharging my mental batteries, I'm ready to finish off the writing challenge. So, without further ado, here we go...


Day Eight: Three turn-ons

1) Intelligence. Nothing is hotter to me than an engaged brain. While I felt that Hubby cut a nice figure in the first photo I saw of him, it was his mind that really attracted me to him; the way he spoke, his thought process, it all made me fall deeply in love with him before I ever set eyes on him in person.

2) Kindness. My heart melts when I see the man I love being kind and considerate to someone.

3) Confidence. Not that annoying full-of-yourself, "aren't I such a prince among men" kind of confidence. True confidence doesn't boast; it is quiet and sure, it does not seek to build itself up at the expense of anyone else. A person that possesses that quiet self-assurance is a person that draws others in, in a way that those drawn in don't even notice.

Stay tuned for Challenge Day Nine: Two smileys that describe your life right now (I will be substituting two emotions for the smileys, as I feel that emoticons are woefully inadequate for conveying mood).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read and comment - I love hearing from you!

Decluttering My Way

 I have a confession to make.     I hate housework. Yes, me - the proprietor of Busy Bee Domestic Wizardry, where I cleaned other peoples...